ASP solutions provide customers actionable data governance - to ensure customers are best positioned to keep high value data assets, reduce exposure to data breaches, and withstand the new rigors of government mandates like GDPR
Proactive Data Governance
Go beyond passive monitoring of your data via ASP's solutions that allow customers to take action on their data through active data archiving and purging of live and retired applications, dynamic or persistent masking of data in production and non-prod environments and active auditing to ensure compliance with corporate and government mandates like GDPR.
Personal Data Assessment and Identification
App Retirement Archive
Application Ecosystem Data Security
GDPR Readiness and Compliance
ASP provides customers a data-centric, practical approach for compliance across the enterprise
GDPR is around the corner - Are you ready???
ASP path to gdpr compliance
Step one: defining and cataloging personal data
The first step on this journey is defining what is personal data within your company and catalog it in a centralized repository. GDPR only provides guidance on what constitutes personal data but doesn't explicitly state it. Each company must review all types of personal data to see what is relevant to their company and industry.
step two: identify and assess
Now that the cataloged personal data elements are in hand, the next step is to quickly identify where these data elements reside within the company, at what volume, and assess the exposure of this data to internal and external users and systems. ASP leverages best of breed tools like Informatica's Secure@Source and processes to quickly assess where this regulated data exists - regardless if it is in production or non-production environments or if it is structured or unstructured data - and if it is unsecured and exposed.
step three: establish an actionable data governance program
It simply isn't good enough to just govern your data passively, you need to ensure the policies established to properly govern your company's personal data can be actively implemented and monitored. ASP's Data Governance Director provides a platform to automatically drive and monitor archive, purge, user access, and security projects to put these policies in action across an entire application ecosystem.
step four: take action - data control and purge
Explosive data growth will no longer be allowed under GDPR. Nor will it be allowable to have users with excessive access to data. ASP provides solutions to address both via providing scalable solutions to purge data on demand by an EU data subject request across entire application ecosystems or control data access of personal data by role or location. Personal data can be further protected via persistent and dynamic data masking across prod and non-prod environments.
Confidently rationalize your applications efficiently after a major merger/acquisition, in preparation for a large-scale enterprise re-architecture or business process reengineering initiative. ASP provides the best practices toolset and methodology to quickly categorize each application to determine not only where its data lands in the information lifecycle but which corresponding data governance approach is most appropriate.
KEY BENEFITS FROM APPLICATION RATIONALIZATION
- Simplify technology standards and therefore simplify technology adherence - Diverse applications with diverse technology platforms only leads to increased costs and lack of a unified standard. Rationalizing your existing and future applications to a common set of technology standards will go a long way in addressing this situation.
- Eliminate redundancy - Utilizing ASP's toolset and methodologies allows companies to easily identify applications that perform similar or identical functions in different areas of the organization.
- Eliminate unnecessary or wasted investments - ASP's app rationalization process evaluates all applications through a lens that focuses on the application's strategic value against current and future organization's objectives. Why continue to invest in an application that is divergent from these objectives?
- Eliminate 'desupport' situations - One of the key benefits from app rationalization is the elimination of desupport situations. App rationalization will quickly identify the risk exposure of older applications and their vendors and execute a plan to eliminate those applications where any outage may lead to catastrophic data loss.
- Redirect future investments that support growth of the future, not the past - App rationalization analysis will certainly identify huge opportunities for cost savings and therefore opportunities to redirect those savings toward investments that provide future strategic value to the business.
- Dramatically reduce training and support requirements - Each application will require some level of vendor-specific support from both your staff as well as the vendor's. This support costs money and can be greatly reduced when BOTH the number of applications and their vendors are reduced.
4 week assessment to vet out the business case for a data governance solution (GDPR readiness, archive, purge/rim compliance, test data management, etc.) or develop an optimization plan to maximize the return on existing tool license investment.
- Utilizes ASP's holistic, 360° Approach to ensure the analysis and recommendations successfully co-exists within the existing corporate infrastructure.
- Clearly defined expectations and deliverables since execution efficiency is imperative.
- Provides financial business case template that can be manipulated for multiple scenarios.
- Encourages cross-team collaboration and buy-in to ensure successful acceptance of recommendations.
- Provides concrete and executable next steps to ensure recommendations have actionable follow through.
- A true 4 week engagement from project start to official close out of final deliverable.
Storage and Data Efficiency
Dramatically reduce your application's storage footprint for all environments while dramatically realizing operational efficiencies, quicker development cycles, and major cost savings.